The Church Has Left the Building (CHLB) is a church-wide service day. On Sunday, October 23, instead of gathering for Bible Study and Worship, we will scatter around our community to “worship” God by meeting the practical needs of others. We will serve by cleaning, painting, building, and refurbish areas of our community that have been overlooked or neglected.
Sunday, October 23, 2016 from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
We will gather for instructions, inspiration, and prayer at 8:45 am. By 9:00, we will move as “project teams” to our assigned locations to work/serve in over 25 different projects. We hope to wrap up projects by no later than 3:00 pm.
· SIGN-UP: We are asking every able-bodied member to sign up by filling out a Volunteer signup form--either paper or online. Sign up begins October 2, and continues through October 19. Sign up at the Welcome Center, Church Office, or online.
· PROJECT LEADER: Each project team will have a leader who is well acquainted with the project. He/she will serve as the coordinator for each project.
· SKILLS NEEDED: These projects could involve cleaning, mowing, painting, carpentry, and other services. You can volunteer for a particular project or you will be assigned by your skill level. Volunteers can bring personal tools appropriate for the assigned project.
· FAMILIES: Families are encouraged to find and sign up for a project where they can work together. Connection Groups may want to take on projects that would build group fellowship.
· CHILDCARE: Childcare will be provided for children ages Birth -Kindergarten. Please contact Shelley Fuller
· THANKS: The church will provide materials, water, lunches, and a T-shirt to commemorate this event.
A definition of worship is “To Honor God in ALL We Do.” On this day, we will worship God by serving others to the best of our ability!
Sign Up Here!
List of Service Opportunities at FBCO:
- Guest Services (Monday - Thursday 10:00am - 2:00 pm)
- Parking Lot Attendant
- Journey Land Worker (Nursery/Preschool)
- PIER (Children's Sunday Morning Worship)
Please contact the church office at 886-7461 if you are interested in any of the positions listed above.