What is a Member?
First Baptist Church-Orange is a family of Believers in Jesus Christ. We are the “visible presence” of Christ’s Eternal Church. We are accountable to Christ, the Bible, and each other as we live out Biblical Christianity. To be a member means that you have received Christ Jesus as Savior and Lord, you have been Scripturally baptized, you willingly accept the mission of the church, you humbly submit to the authority of the church, you readily serve in the work of the church, and that you joyfully support the ministries and direction of the church.
Why become a Member?
First, becoming a member tells the world that you are committed to Jesus Christ. To be a member means that you have confessed your faith in Jesus and have been baptized. Second, it tells others that you are committed to the work of Christ through the church. The Church is called the Bride of Christ. It is the only organization or institution that will last for eternity. Your membership means that you are committed to Christ’s plan for the church—to reach the world. Third, it tells others that you are committed to not only making yourself more Christ-like, but to helping others find a complete life in Christ.
How do I become a Member?
You become a member of First Baptist Church-Orange in one of three ways:
- Confess your personal faith in Jesus Christ, invite Him to become your Savior and Lord, and follow His command to be Scripturally baptized.
- Transfer of your membership from another Baptist church.
- Statement of your previous confession of faith in Christ and your Scriptural baptism in another church of similar doctrine and practices.
You can present yourself for membership in one of three ways:
- To come forward during the invitation time at the close of a worship service and sign a church membership commitment.
- To attend our quarterly New Member/Visitor Reception and signing a church membership commitment.
- To schedule an appointment with one of our ministers who will explain our church’s position on church member and to sign a church membership commitment.